..........................................................................

..........................................................................

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chunks

To hold onto this yummy Fall recipe would be a crime! My sweet friend, Chelsie Johnson brought this pumpkin bread to me and I swiftly proceeded to eat the entire loaf within a day and a half. So late last night during a sweet tooth craving, I decided to try the recipe out myself and it again did not disappoint! So now I am sharing this recipe with you...as long as you promise to enjoy every bite and share it with others!....


Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chunks
Ingredients:
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c sugar
1 2/3 c flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon


2 eggs
1/2 c veg oil
1 c pumpkin
1/2 c water
1 c semi sweet chocolate chunks


1. Lightly grease  a 9x5 loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
2. Combine the dry (first 8) ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, veg oil, pumpkin and water. 
4. Add the moist mixture to the dry until well blended. Stir in chocolate chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Makes one loaf. ( I needed to cook it an extra 5 minutes.)


I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of the beautiful Fall season. The boys and I are welcoming the cool breezes with open arms and spending as much time outside as possible. Here's Jackson and Nathan right before their first slide ride together!...





















1 comment: