..........................................................................

..........................................................................

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Top Ten Reasons 3-Year-Old T Ball Is Worth It

So yes, I am that mom. The one that gets overly enthusiastic at the prospect of my 3-year-old little boy playing sports. Every season, I try to convince my husband, who not only played semi-pro but also works as a sportscaster, that our kid is old enough to play and can handle it.

And as usual, (shhh, don't tell him) he was probably right. I may have been a bit over zealous. To get the whole family up and out of the door on a Saturday morning before 8am, there's got to be quite a love for the game. Sacrificing our Saturdays, utterly exhausted and usually covered in mud and sweat...makes one ask the question, was it worth it?

Well, our first season of T Ball is under our belts and looking back, there were a few pretty awesome moments that I have to say made it well worth it for me....


1) Watching my son hit the baseball for the first time on the field and subsequently running to the pitcher's mound instead of first base.

2) Witnessing my sweet 3-year-old be part of a team 
and truly loving his teammates.

3) Hot, Venti Starbucks.

4) Hearing our little player talk about how excited he is 
for his next game.

5) Our little buddy catching his first ground ball, 
only to throw it randomly to the dugout.

6) Crying after the next game because 
he didn't catch a ground ball.

7) Watching him field his own hit 
(awesome buddy, awesome).

8) Midway through the season, our little player tells us, "Mom, Dad, do you know what my favorite part of T Ball is?!   -The Snacks!!"

9) Battling my 1-year-old (the entire game) from running out on the field and playing with his big brother.

10) And last but not least, experiencing my athlete husband's unending patience while teaching his 3-year-old son how to play (with little retention) but even more so, the pride and excitement they share for the love of the game and each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment